Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Things to come...

I will be slowing down (but not disappearing) a little through October. I'm planning a trip to the north country (Michigan) and I need to conserve some cash. In the mean time, I'll report on some short excursions close by. For the rest of the year, I'm planning to cap off the southwestern leg of the light rail system by hiking from Osage Station to Alameda Station. I'm looking forward to that because it will take me through the Denver Arts District. Then I'll hike from Auraria West Station to Osage. Afterwards, I plan to explore the light rail terminuses (termini?) starting next year - places like Golden, downtown Denver, and the airport - before I resume the station-to-station hikes.

I will also visit some of the culturally varied areas of Denver, and I want to visit the capital and a museum of law nearby. That should finish up the year.

I have a lot more that I want to do in the social sciences, but I will make occasional excursions there while I continue on into a study of language and mathematics (which, frankly, I take at heart to be a language). Next year, I want to make one more (maybe last) stab at trying to pick up another language (Spanish) and to hike out to Red Rocks and survey the towering Ship Rock. We already know they're 300 feet tall, but it will be fun to check my surveying technique using just a surveyor's compass and a tape measure. There's trigonometry ahead.

Corrections, discussions, questions? Leave me a comment. Email is also welcomed and I'll see you on Nextdoor.

No comments: