Saturday, July 15, 2017

I figured the take away for the fourth Indiana Jones movie was, "seems we've reached an age when life stops giving you things and starts taking them away." And the implicit answer is that life can surprise you at any age.

This last relocation was an unpleasant jar but I think we might have come out better. I guess my biggest regret is that, now, we're further from the mountains than I've been since I moved to Colorado. In Broomfield, I was just far enough away that I could walk up to them close enough to be able to spit on them, but then I couldn't go any further. In South Harvey Park, I could walk a little ways into them. Now, on foot, I wouldn't even be able to get close, but, luckily, I'm learning to use the transportation resources around here and the buses and trains can get me places I never could go before.

The good thing is that there is a lot around here. My favorite restaurant is within walking distance. The University of Denver is right up the street and between here and there there is an operating observatory and a line of parks along Harvard Gulch. Also, the bus that stops in front of our house makes a beeline to City Park, which includes the zoo and the science and nature museum. I'm expecting some exciting adventures in my future.

I walked to the local library the second time today. It's an easy walk sans that killer hill above Bear Creek. The area is lushly packed with trees and the walk isn't far. The library is well stocked and, being a part of the Denver library system, cooperates with the other libraries in the area to provide a huge selection of books and other media. They also have an interesting calendar. I expect to be spending a lot of time there. Here's a picture of the Ross-University Hills branch of the Denver Public Library. The building itself is interesting - modern art.



No comments: