Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The Foundation

That's what physics is...the foundation of science. It's at the bottom of every material and energetic process in the universe from the exotic heart of a supermassive black hole, to your car's engine, to your own metabolism. So, physics is important.

I still plan to shift my focus to chemistry and geology next year. I'm really looking forward to exploring the spectacular geology in my area. But I don't want to drop physics and astronomy, so I will continue working on the physics and astronomy LabBooks.

It will be awhile before I've finished the introductory section of the Astronomy LabBook but I've completed the first two brief, introductory sheets of the Physics LabBook and an indepth exploration of measurement, precision, points, graphing, and geometry with lots of hands on excursions. You can find it here:


The first few sheets will be concerned with the fundamental measurements and methods that physicists use to explore the world. I make sure to bring it home to do it yourself projects and survival techniques.

Like the other LabBooks, this one is a LibreOffice spreadsheet, so download and install the free LibreOffice suite before trying to view it.

No comments: