Sunday, December 31, 2023

From 2023 to 2024

December 31, 2023 on Broadway in Denver, Colorado.

It's sorta disturbing how empty one of the busiest spots in Denver is on New Year's Eve. I was pickng up dog supplies on my monthly supply run. Next stop.... Englewood Walmart for my own supplies. That gave me a chance to recap the end of my recent Little Dry Creek hike and take some pictures of that end in daylight. I'm working on that long blog, which will be out soon. I'm also running some analyses on water from the creek and I'll be reporting on that and rock identification. In short, I'll be wrapping up my explorations of the local geology. 

Two are upcoming. I want to visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science before I'm done and I'm planning to hike from Center City to Idaho Springs for a look at Colorado's Mineral Belt. Of course, I'll continue to occasionally look at local geology and chemistry as I work on the LabBooks.

Cherry Creek is calling to me. I'll be hiking it's length instead of Station-to-station hikes next year. Denver's history is concentrated along it's banks and it draws wildlife to it's waters. It's also unusual in that it's been a major waterway for Denver but it isn't a mountain river. It rises from the Palmer Divide just north of Castle Rock. I expect an exciting serial hike.

My adventures will be segueing to biology in 2024. Paleontology provides a natural path to biology, zoology, botany, medicine and bioengineering. That means I'll be starting some new LabBooks.

So, one last requisite shot of the Rockies for 2023.

What adventures are you planning for 2024?

No comments: