Friday, April 2, 2021

Blogger blogs: A little lesson

Ah, well, yes...I see..  

So, this is a lifelong learning blog in which I recount my learning experiences, and I have had a new one.

Some learning experiences are created, others just, sorta...happen to you.

I have learned that you can cut and paste images into a Blogger blog. Just don't expect them to stay there.

File it under "hoisted by my own petard". 

I discovered that I could just compose a whole blog in Google Docs and then copy the text and images over to Blogger, thus circumventing the image insert command in the Blogger editor. I started doing that at the end of 2019 and it worked well until a couple of weeks ago. Then it exploded.

It is frustrating, weird, and sort of interesting.

It seems to be chaotic. Some photos are still there. How are they different from the ones that disappeared? Computers are frustrating (or is that "fasctrating").

In Google's defense, I never saw where they suggested using cut and paste for images.

So, two years worth of photos. They're still in my photo archives. I might take a while to reinsert them, a few at a time. In the meantime, I will go back to inserting pictures via the insert command.

If you want photos from an exploded blog, drop a line and I'll be glad to send them by email.

grph


No comments: